Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs!

Sep 3, 2009

Week 16: Dr's apt and other stuff I'm noticing

Note: Weeks 16-20 are being posted during week 21 due to life and computer problems getting in the way! Sorry for the delay!
___________________________________________________________________

I know, I know - I'm not posting as often as I used to. (thank goodness for Twitter!) There are two main reasons to explain this as I expect it will continue through the next 2 weeks, then again during parts of Oct and most of November: 1. I work at a university and we go in cycles of being super busy :) 2. I'm getting more used to being pregnant I guess - I don't wonder about every little thing any more. I think...

I had my regular doctor's appointment which was the normal weight check (164 lbs I think - hehe, I'm totally over what I should be... :/ That's around 14 lbs since I got pregnant!), pee in cup, listen to heartbeat (heart beat in 150s, uterus about inch or less below belly button), questions? Everything is fine - I also met a new doctor (female) who just had a baby actually and looks GREAT!! I hope that I will be that thin after my baby is born! In my office, there are 2 female doctors and 3 male doctors. I know - everyone is qualified, but I do prefer the female doctors. They just seem to have a better idea of what things feel like and I appreciate that during exams. I was told when I made my appointment for next month that I need to meet with another doctor, so I'm going to go on a Friday to meet one of the male doctors. I understand why - the doctors will rotate who's on call at the hospital and so I could get any of the doctors delivering baby and it's better to meet them before hand!

I was really hoping that I would have another ultrasound to find out the sex of baby, but they said that they do that outside the office and so I have a referral to get that done between weeks 18-22. At that appointment, they will check for all of the limbs and everything to make sure things are all good, plus they will see what the sex is!!! I can't wait! :)

Other Stuff:
* My skin around my belly is getting so tight! It's not a very good feeling - it's like everything is stretching and is going to pop at some point. If I'm feeling like this NOW, what's it going to be like later?!!! I'm obsessing about that a lot now - it's just this very ODD feeling - not too happy with it. On the other side, my husband is loving my boobs (I'm usually a bit small...)

* I got UBER cranky for about 2 days to my husband; then it got better. Hopefully that is the last of that mood swing! :)

* My contacts in my left eye is bugging me - it's find while in, but when I try to take them out, they are stuck to my eye! I'm wearing my glasses a bit more - I don't want them to get stuck!!

* Started getting some leg cramps... :( I think it may be tied to the temperature in our room

* Frustrated with my lack of maternity clothes - I have 1 pants and 5 tops!!! I need more variety!!!

* Dreams: not really about babies, but rather violence and murders and stuff... is that an indication of anything? Will I have a psycho child? ;)

* Starting to feel baby more - a bit stronger and more like 'pops' I guess... It's hard to tell because it's not really something I can feel and go "oh yeah, that's a kick"

* I get cranky (think 5 year old kid) after 9 pm!

* Boobs getting 'tingly' (I didn't get that in 1st trimester)

1 comment:

  1. my right eye is the one bothering me..everytime i put my contact is it hurts and bothers me, i end up putting it in a few times before it's ok. my bf is loving my boobs too..i'm already up one cup getting ready for another. my belly button got dry and i had to put lotion in it! lol

    ReplyDelete