Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs!

Jul 14, 2009

Week 9: Smells

Ok - I've decided to put in the week the week I'm IN - so in this case, I'm 8 weeks 3 days and IN the 9th week. That seems to be how most sites and books handle it...
Yesterday was the first day that I really noticed smell aversions. I always have seemed to have a heightened sense of smell - particularly around my period. But, nothing so bad. Until yesterday. I was ok for the day and then when I came home, I lied down. (I'm still very tired) So, my brother-in-law actually made dinner and when I came down - OMG! The smell was just... bad! It was just rice and chicken - nothing exotic, but it did NOT smell good. Now, my b-i-law makes VERY good food, so that was just weird. But, I couldn't really even eat it because I didn't like the smell. So, I heated up some corn and had that. But, the entire time, I was smelling other stuff and nothing was right. So, we finished and had ice cream (yay!) and then I actually got a fruit bar after that because I was still hungry, but didn't want smell. I don't think I'll do that again - I think the fuit bar may have too much sugar - but it was so weird. So, I'm not sure about tonight. I think that I won't worry about hurting feelings and just make something for me and let my husband and b-in-law get their own things. :) I did get really hungry about midnight (probably due to my lack of dinner) and so took a piece of pizza. Not really what I wanted, but better than nothing....

The other thing is that I am having a dickens of a time getting up in the morning. I'm not really neasuous, so it's not that, but I don't feel good. Kinda' like a have a good flu blug or something. So, I have been getting up - going to the b-room (thank goodness I don't have constipation!), sit there for awhile - tmi! but I need to sit for stuff to get going..., go back into bed, lie down for a bit more, then get up and get going. THIS IS NOT A GOOD PLAN! It taking me around 1 1/2 hrs to get up!!! I think it's because I need to eat, but I'm not a morning eating person and I CERTAINLY don't want crackers or something like that in the morning. I don't even like water in the morning!!! So, that is another thing I got to figure out. I'm hoping it'll go away after the first trimester.

If it continues, maybe I should see about getting into work around 10 am instead of 9 am...


Vote For Us @ PoshLittle.Com!

No comments:

Post a Comment